A wonderful place to be

 Even though I feel challenged by the physical activity, I'm improving my technique and getting back into the rhythm of cross-country skiing.  It's so beautiful to be out in snowy landscapes, with the light slanting across the ridge from the south.

This photo doesn't really capture the magic of what it looked like, but the light illuminated the aspens as I skied up the trail.

This afternoon, as the full moon rose, it was beautiful as dusk descended from our bedroom window.




Comments

  1. Beautiful! How much snow arrived back in Asheville?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was less than expected, I think, maybe 3-4 inches in town. But at higher elevations and down towards the Escarpment much more snow fell, up to 10-12 inches. We're expecting 5-8 inches here today, with a bit more overnight, from the same system moving north. We're looking forward to having more fresh snow!

      Delete
  2. It is so beautiful. I imagine you need extra energy in the cold temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubbie always thinks more chocolate is necessary!

      Delete

Post a Comment