A third day of skiing

I am profoundly tired after three days of x-c skiing. Today was lovely, on groomed trails in Parc national du Bic. It was largely sheltered from the wind and the snow was perfect.  So, so lovely.

But skiing is an interesting thing; it's so wonderful to be out there, the muscle soreness creeps in slowly. And I'm beat now and my muscles are sore.

I probably would have done a rest day today, but the deep freeze in temperatures for the next couple of days will not be conducive to skiing. (Lows close to well below 0°F. Hmm.) I'm staying in our cottage making soup and pear bread, from pears harvested last fall.

My buddy took this image of me out today.  Such fun to be out there!

And the cold to come, just for perspective. We'll be staying cozy next to our vintage wood stove!




Comments

  1. Those temperatures are scary to me. I'm glad you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment