A wonderful place to be

I'm so fortunate to have a wonderful place in the world to be, here in Western North Carolina during these times.  And I'm equally fortunate to be living in our lovely small house surrounded by a native plant garden that we started creating 12 years ago - it's a balm in these times.

This morning, the light hit the dried wheat on the vintage green cabinet just before we sat down to eat breakfast.  In Quebec, we have a similar cabinet that's larger -- nice.


  And my small studio, surrounded by my favorite things.  Well, I'm grateful to have it, indeed.

I love this space and I've spent so much more time here than ever before in these times.

In this morning photo, I'm watching a webinar (excellent), streamed from Quebec's English-speaking outreach programs, shared with all of the English minority agencies (I'm connected with the one in Heritage Lower St. Lawrence where I volunteer when we're there) about "moving" during the time of COVID.  

The previous ones I've watched, too,  have been excellent, finding me learning new things about topics that I'm already quite knowledgeable about!  It's a different perspective, in a nice way, to the U.S. information about movement and nutrition.



Comments

  1. Love the windows and all the wood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate this space. It's lovely to have the light and pine paneling, even as mid-afternoon has me retreating to the shady wall for a Zoom interaction!

      Delete
  2. We are lucky when we find the good in a difficult situation. I am truly enjoying the purging and decluttering I am doing. It feels good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best to "find the good." I haven't started any serious de-cluttering aside from my desk here in my studio (downsizing and consolidating 5 years ago helped immensely, along with preparing for HomeExchange visits).

      But I'm aware that I could certainly do a second round at this point!

      Delete

Post a Comment