A morning at Beaver Lake

My gardening companion has acquired a used kayak to use here in Asheville.  He's having a grand time.  This morning at Beaver Lake, a favorite walking place for me, he acquired his boating permit from the warden (after several previous excursions) and headed off, as I walked around the lake.

Mask-wearing is consistent among local walkers, non-existent with young runners, and a few folks seem to be depending on fresh air dispersing any risk.  So it's largely a pleasant walking place, although the far side of the lake path is narrower, so less appealing.

Tim on the lake reminds me of why I like walking here so much.  It's an in-town spot that seems like you're out in a more natural area.  Delightful.

Beaver Lake on a warm November morning, with Tim kayaking

Comments