A magical walk this morning

I've been posting on Natural Gardening in recent days, as it seemed more appropriate for the topic, but today -- well, I was totally privileged to be in the magical walled garden at Biltmore Estate this morning.

They opened up the loop around the house to passholders in mid-March, when they closed visits to the house, so the access of the past was open again.

I was able to park in front of the Garden shop and walk up through the walled garden and then loop down around Bass Pond.  It made me happy.  I was so glad to see the beautiful tulip, daffodil. and hyacinth displays. (Even though I'm a committed native plant garden sort of person,  I love tulips.)

So, I needed some tulip therapy and the early tulips didn't disappoint.

What was remarkable was that it was so eerily quiet.  Just as glad to be out there without trying to keep my distance, but it was a gray morning with rain threatening -- so maybe that was a factor.

above the walled garden, driving through

looking towards the south



early tulips with daffodils

such wonderful designs this year
tulips and a saucer magnolia

This venerable Japanese maple is iconic in this part of the garden.

These wisteria vines (?) are equally historic.



Comments