A fall marsh view

The Pointe aux Épinettes in Parc national du Bic was beautiful in afternoon light, the tawny colors of fall now muted, but still beautiful.

I did a lucky good deed on my walk, too.  A young woman asked me as I walked out to the Point (walking the opposite way), had I seen any car keys? No, I said, thinking with all of the leaves on the path, they would be hard to spot.  I didn't think to ask her for contact info. She thought she had lost them somewhere along the path from the point to the campground (where I assumed she was staying).

Returning back from the point, I spotted a gleam of stainless steel, the edge of a key fob to a VW.  Her keys, of course. I was thinking I could drive around the campground looking for a VW, or leave them at the visitor center, but happily, she was returning from her search on the same path, retracing her path to the campground and back.  She must have parked at the point.

I waved her fob to her at a distance and she broke into a run.  She was so happy, she could cry, she said.  

Indeed.  A totally happy accident that I saw the edge of the fob that wasn't covered by leaves. And that we met again along the trail.


Comments