A touching Christmas tree

 I continue to enjoy our young apartment neighbor’s Christmas tree. I think it’s a rather large fresh tree. 

I can’t remember if we’ve ever had a fresh tree, as we were always traveling over winter break. I certainly don't have a collection of ornaments, aside from a gardening set from Martha Stewart Living, so I'm thinking not.

We have a lovely small grapevine tree with lights, birds,and  garden ornaments - we’ve surely had it for at least 25 years, along with other treasured Christmas things that I put out, nothing major, but special. There's the hand-knitted Himalayan stocking, the Swedish candle centerpiece,  my "I Believe" tin, some small decorated wooden reindeers, a lovely bear ornament from a former colleague, and two small Christmas stockings (very small) that my Grandmother sent with $100 bills inside many years ago, attached to cards. It makes me teary to think of her sending those cards with the small stockings so many years ago.

So I’m enjoying the view of my neighbor’s tree from our living room window, here with light reflections from our stairs and kitchen lights.



 


Comments