Another full moon

Waking up, again, close to midnight, the moon was bright outside my studio window.  

It's almost full, due tomorrow.  It's the harvest moon this month.  This is also a Blue Moon month, reminding me of an odd time some years ago that I had a very large group show up for a Full Moon walk at the botanical garden where I worked. 

We had advertised a Blue Moon hike. Close to 200 folks.  Yikes.

I've posted many reflections about full moons over the years.  Here's one from 2007. 

 

My fundamental memories around full moons are around a childhood favorite book, Wait till the Moon is Full.  I discovered a dog-eared print version,  saved, recently doing a folder purge.

I kept it.

Comments

  1. I love the connection to a childhood book. Thanks for sharing how it reminds you of both your childhood and the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s lovely, Lisa. I am very fond of children’s books as well, and the full moon of course! I will have to find that “Wait ‘til the Moon is Full.” It reminds me of my own best-loved Harold and the Purple Crayon... quietly brilliant imaginative child drawing his own adventures everywhere “and the moon went with him.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyse, you'll love this book. Definitely a classic!

      Delete

Post a Comment