Feeling community

 I'm not in Western North Carolina now, but I feel the community spirit that is helping recovery.  Recovery will take a long time. I mourn for lives lost and challenges faced by so many.

Power, within a week.  Water, within weeks. 

Rebuilding.  Years.

But Asheville and Western North Carolina will come back.  It's a beautiful mountain area, with vegetation that's resilient and fast-growing.

All I can do is donate to local non-profits, as we're still in Quebec, probably through late October.  We will be back to vote, for sure.

It's such a difficult time for  Western North Carolina and beyond.

Those of you that have resources to give, please do.  Lots of opportunities, whatever your primary focus is.

A photo from my walk this afternoon.  I am truly grateful for my situation.



Comments

  1. It's so hard to believe the horrible damage from Helene. I donated to World Central Kitchen, but I feel like I want to do more. I do hope to visit Asheville at some point in the future. Sorry that you and your neighbors have to go through all this. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment