Another unusual post

My heritage is German, Dutch, Scandanavian, and British -- according to the 23 and me profile (prompted by my sister).  Hmm, it's 100% Northern European for what that's worth.

I always connected to my German and Dutch heritage growing up, as those were the family stories that I  learned about. 

But I knew my paternal grandmother was a Kelly - an Irish name to be sure, and my paternal grandfather was a Perkins, and his family must have come form somewhere in Great Britain.

So in a online writing class today, I was reminded of this in a prompt:

My paternal great-grand father and his four brothers ran a clothing store in Ellinwood, Kansas.  Their logo was telling -- it seems to be the family motto.





Comments

  1. Understanding from hence we came helps us understand where we are going. What a lovely remembrance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment