Nature and gardening

Nature and gardening are touchstones for me;  both ground me to sense of place and being in the world.

LW and veggie garden

In a second summer (this one much longer) vegetable-gardening in a much colder place than I ever imagined gardening, it's been interesting.


vegetable plot in early August

This is the small plot that my gardening companion prepared for me in May and that I planted in early June when I arrived.

We had a lovely stir-fry this evening as part of dinner that was part broccoli leaves (of which I have an abundance) and butterhead lettuce (ditto).  A very tiny broccoli head has just started to emerge on one plant, but I'm not that hopeful for some sort of abundant crop.  But the leaves are delicious.  And the lettuce just keeps coming.  Amazing.


Scarlet runner beans

The scarlet runner beans are beautiful, but there's only one small fruit so far developing.  There are not many bees around at the moment, of any sort, so....

View from the living room window

I'm thankful to be in this wonderful part of the world.

Comments