Back to drawing


Between studying French, refreshing German (for an upcoming trip), trying to finish my book, harvesting fruits, walking and biking, and everything else, I’ve largely used my studio this summer for working on my book, reading, and a very little bit of art.

So, I thought I need some encouragement- and asked my friend Susan, a wonderful artist, might she be willing to be an art coach for me?  I know what garden coaching is and have done it for years.  Why not an art coach?  Someone to encourage me?

In any case, Susan helped me realize a combination of practicing with exercises along with daily drawing could be key to bringing back a revival of doing some art.

I’m out in my studio now; it’s a good spot.

After my gesture drawing exercise, I did a rather whimsical drawing of a Rudbeckia, especially for a botanist, but I was happy to do a drawing!

I wanted to get art back in a regular way; it’s not something I’m compelled to do, but something I want to do.


Comments