A windfall apple drawing

It's fitting to draw an apple, as I've been gathering windfall apples today to make apple bars.  Apples and apple bars appeared in the section of my book narrative that I was updating earlier, too.

I wouldn't normally bother with these windfall apples, but I've learned that they make delicious applesauce, being some sort of old variety that produces a blush to the sauce as they cook with peels still on. Fortunately, blemishes disappear into the sauce as they cook.

I spent some time earlier this afternoon doing contour drawing practice, which helped me "see" the apple a bit better.  I always find apples challenging, but it's about practice, after all!

A closer look gave me a different perspective.  I rather enjoyed the close-up, looking quirkier than the actual drawing.




Comments