A house in Quebec

I've taken to writing about our house in Quebec as a cottage, which fits it.  But the narrative of how we serenditipously found and bought our house in Quebec, well, "house" seems like a better term at the moment.

It's a 1910 parish schoolhouse renovated twice (and perhaps a bit more) to be a house, after it was no longer a schoolhouse (back in the 1960's). The owner before us did extensive renovations, creating a magical place filled with Quebecois vintage pine pieces.

As I've written about the story and our experiences there over two summers and two winters, I wrote a lot of posts.

I've extracted them now into Word documents, have put them into normal paragraph form, rather the space delineated paragraphs that I use in blog posts and have made a first editing pass as I did so.

I printed them all out a couple of days ago and was surprised by the size of the stack.  And I'm revisiting my old editing/markup skills, not needed in my post-paid work life.  Interesting, but encouraging.  

Progress.


My intention is simply to have a print-book version via Blurb and an e-book version of some sort, including photographs, drawings, and paintings.

I'll see what unfolds.


Comments

  1. What a terrific way to revisit your wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to re-read posts, even as it's "work" to revise the text to past-tense, rather than present, and start the first pass of revising text. Fortunately, I normally try to craft decent prose in blog posts, so it's all around continuing to pare down the narrative!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's been nice to finally return to it -- I had extracted most of the posts last spring, but found it a bit too poignant to revisit until now. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete

Post a Comment