A flock of robins this afternoon

 They stripped the holly across the street first,  calling with their melodious calls as they swooped back and forth from the nearby oaks.  I wish I'd thought to do a short video, but I was busy marveling at the sight.  They must be on their way north now, I thought, following the erratic winter patterns of our Southeastern robins (and those elsewhere).

Some came into our back woodland, foraging on the ground as well as in a nearby holly later, and amazingly, the winterberry hollies up front were finally visited.  Most of the berries are gone now.

But the time I thought to take photos, the light was dim and the photo wasn't good.

Here's the winterberry in mid-December, as a placeholder, for an updated photo.





Comments

  1. The robins ate all our holly berries weeks ago. It is a sight to see. Today, I see them foraging through the leaves. They look so big in comparison to most of our more common visitors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seemed like a particularly large flock! Definitely impressive and I loved listening to them as they swooped around.

      Delete

Post a Comment