The final version

I finished my watercolor pencil and ink rendition of our cottage in Quebec. I may try another from a different photo, or perhaps the same one, posted yesterday.

I decided it did need a bit of sky, more definition of the trees and shrubs, and some sort of grounding, so the house appears settled in the landscape. The pen strokes, both thick and thin, seemed to make the difference.  

Delighted to have done this over the last few days.  It's encouraging me to start work on some other images from our landscape and region there.

I'm also getting wonderful historic building images thanks to our German HomeExchange friend and his suggestion of a FB group devoted to them.  Some of them would make interesting paintings!

The final version

 along with yesterday's.


And the first rendition.


 




Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren. I've been so encouraged by the progress that I've made in engaging with art again!

      Delete

Post a Comment