Where are the flower visitors?

My Canadian blogging friends are posting lots of wonderful photos of flower visitors in their meadow gardens and town gardens, even as they're noticing fewer flower visitors.


So where are the flower visitors in my urban pollinator-friendly garden?  There are a few honey bees, cabbage white butterflies galore, but not much else.

It's worrisome.

I saw a pipevine swallowtail out walking at the NC Arboretum today  -- along a forest trail.

All puzzling.

I'm hoping for more visitors after a nice thunderstorm this afternoon.


Comments

  1. I’ve seen a couple of examples of butterflies since I wrote the post you link to. Thanks for that, Lisa! But certainly not in the numbers of previous years. Hope that 2020 is just an aberration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment