Remembering a watercolor class

Five years ago, I did a watercolor class at the NC Arboretum with Elizabeth Ellison, a wonderful artist based in Bryson City, NC.

It was a four-day class, I think -- one of her basic classes around the tools that you use in watercolor.

I've done the class twice, and it's been great -- encouraging and nudging me back into doing more art.

But I'm realizing that I need more encouragement;  the daily discipline of Inktober was great, the pastel class was excellent, but now, moving towards full-on winter, and darker days, that I have less gardening inspiration, and not so many vignettes, and I'm occupied with an extended family visit over Thanksgiving, etc. etc.

So here's what I'm reminding myself about:  these two watercolors are posted on the file cabinet next to my computer.  I love them.  I had the tree watercolor printed on a mug, which I love, too.  And the barn has always been a favorite.

And the pastel I did in a recent workshop is posted on the wall above my computer.  All wonderful reminders of what creativity can bring.

a mountain view

an old barn

I'm planning to bring my watercolor pencils and drawing gear to our extended Thanksgiving gathering, which may be trying as there will be a LOT of folks there.

Perhaps I'll be able to capture something interesting.

Comments