A hike along the Mountains-to-Sea trail

The closest access to the Mountains-to-Sea Trail for us is Craven Gap, off the Blue Ridge Parkway.  It's accessed from where we live off Town Mountain Rd. or Beaverdam Rd.  It parallels the Parkway for quite awhile in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I had a lovely hike there today (my gardening companion was off for a group bike ride in Henderson County).  It was nice to do my usual (almost daily) walk on a trail, instead of in town.

I took a picture of one of the lovely Christmas ferns along the trail, thinking that perhaps it would make a nice drawing. 

Well, maybe it will but not today.

Christmas fern

Comments

  1. Do you take a photo so you can draw it later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did , in this case, but it was hard to find a Christmas fern in the right light (it was very bright) or in the "right"-sized clump...

      Delete
  2. It is good you are still thinking about drawing. It's nice you were able to hike on such a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I had good intentions -- I spent much of the day proofing a list of native plants for WNC, not my idea of a fun volunteer activity, I realized!

      Delete

Post a Comment