Connections

Finishing a month of daily Inktober sketches was an interesting process, bringing me back to drawing again.  Towards the end of October, I realized that I'd been encouraged to be looking around more closely (for something interesting to draw) -- a totally different experience in some ways than noticing something to write about (which is more experience and nature-driven).

Serendipitously, or perhaps not,  I'm participating in two art classes next week, one a travel-sketching workshop in Waynesville and the other an all-day pastel workshop in Asheville.  In both classes,  I'm joining good friends who live in nearby mountain communities;  they're women whom I originally "met" and connected with online in writing groups, but now have also connected with in-person.  It's a gift to have been able to meet them both, thanks to the digital age.

Gathering materials together for the travel-sketching workshop, I found a sheet of watercolor paper that I'd outlined a leaf, along with color notations (from a watercolor workshop some years ago).   I pulled out my pens and added ink.   Much better.


The other side of the sheet seemed to be a color study, a clue to which workshop that it was -- in this case, one at the NC Arboretum with Robert Johnson.



Comments

  1. You are so talented, Lisa! I am looking forward to Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the encouraging words! I'm looking forward to that workshop, too (instead of being apprehensive, I'm now realizing....) I think it's telling that the three of us are expressing creativity in multiple ways, from writing to art to gardening, and moving forward with it.

      Delete

Post a Comment