Starting to review photos

As I'm revisiting text again about our two summers and two winters in Quebec, I'm on Winter 2019 again, on at least a 3rd, maybe 4th revision.  It takes time to tighten prose written as blog posts. I'm a blogger who likes to craft posts;  they're not hastily done, but to be memoir-worthy prose requires more editing.

I took a welcome break this afternoon to edit and label photos from those periods, deleting duplicates, selecting the best ones, and labeling the ones that remain.  So lovely.  I can't wait to return.

I have no idea of how I'll incorporate photos into my print book;  I have a lovely example of what I'd like to do in a couple of Spring and Summer Wildflower field guides published by Princeton Press, written by Carol Gracie with her photographs.  They're vibrant layouts juxtaposing text and photos in just the way that I would like.  A small company in the UK apparently did the interior design.  They seem to focus on academic press projects and other process-related design enterprises, so probably wouldn't be interested in my sort of project, but that investigation did have me finding a plethora of book layout designers out there, too.

Reviewing photos this afternoon was an excellent interlude in the waiting time until we can cross the border.   

There's not really that much gardening to be done here, unless I start pulling out the tomatoes, but they're still producing, after all, and I think that Dad and Nancy might like to harvest them, too.  I just pulled up some extra ironweed up front and will cut back the Amsonia tomorrow, I think.

I was heartened to see all of the beautiful summer, fall, and winter photos of Quebec as I flipped through them today.  There were so many that reminded me of how wonderful it is there.

This mid-September image of Havre du Bic -- wonderful.

Fall view of Havre du Bic


Comments