Hooray! The border to Canada is scheduled to open

The border will open on August 9 to vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents, it was announced this morning.  Earlier than I thought and the announcement came earlier, too.  Thankfully.

It's hard to get my mind around the reality of actually being able to return to our place in Quebec  - with the wonderful views and setting and the cottage with its fairy tale qualities.  It's been a long year and a half for so many reasons.  

I'm grateful to been here in the Southern Appalachians during the pandemic time in North America.  I wouldn't have liked the shoulder seasons in Quebec, if it had been possible to stay there.

But I am truly grateful that we'll be able to return in August and September this year.  Maybe a bit into October, too.

Havre du Bic


Comments

Post a Comment