The view out my studio windows

 I am so fortunate to have a lovely small studio space that's "mine." In the Upstate of SC, I had a lovely large space (one of our bedrooms) that I called my study.  My hubbie had his own study space, too (also a bedroom).

But our house there had three large and spacious bedrooms, just for the two of us, so that was lovely for our work lives.

Now in our post-paid work lives, I have an excellent studio space that was a former hot-tub space, topped by a wonderful expanded porch, designed by the architect who designed our house.

I needed a separate space that I could call my own, so that was important to me, before we consolidated to our house here. My gardening companion has a large table in what we call the Green Room, used by the previous architect/owner as his work space.  He happily spread out there as he finished his two books and it's now La Salle du Francais as he studies French every day.

The late afternoon/sunset light from my studio windows were lovely today.





Comments

  1. I enjoy your views. I understand needing your spaces.
    When I sit on my couch, I can watch the sunset out the back sliders. It is a peaceful view every day. Today, Annie and I were out on the swing until the sun set and it got cold super fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree, re importance of a space of one's own. Yours looks divine, as I know you can gaze out (procrastinate) into the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment