A second acrylic painting

I chose to use the same painting as the subject for today's class again.  I have different paints, different brushes, and a different paper than the "kit" which I should get next week. I was tempted to start on the Quebec subjects which I've printed out on photo paper - the "antique" shed, an old schoolhouse, and a solarium view of our cottage, but I thought it would be interesting to see what a second version might bring.

Without the same brushes and paints, it gaves me permission to play and not try to "blend" colors as the instructor suggested.  Mine were clearly not being blended in my use of them.  Perhaps on a canvas board, but not on heavy watercolor paper.

Here are the two versions that I've come up with -- they've surprised me as they're so colorful!  And it's been fun to play around with a new medium.



Comments

  1. Love the colors, Lisa. Acrylics were never a favorite medium for me, but I appreciate the work of those who can use it well. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been interesting to use acrylic, although I'm basically using it like watercolor, I think!

      Delete
  2. Hey honey these are beautiful. I love the colors. My favorite is the 1st one! Looking forward to seeing you in Zoom shortly!

    Hugs,

    Maitri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was enjoying that one more! The second one was a bit more of a conundrum.

      Delete

Post a Comment