Along the French Broad River

It was so lovely along the new greenway along the French Broad River.  It was thankfully quiet, after a busy couple of weeks with visiting family folks and tourists -- hard to distinguish between them.

The river was beautiful, reflecting the sunlight. And a long and peaceful walk was a welcome respite from the drumbeat of news.  

Reminded of The Four Agreements this morning in an online class, I welcomed revisiting his tenets and pulled out the book to reread.

The last prompt of the class for today was about "what are you grateful for" and she encouraged us to think about a gratitude jar, hardly an unusual practice, but one that I haven't done.

I choose this Mexican ceramic jug for my jar.

It sits on bookshelves from my grandparent's house, accompanied by a couple of vintage typewriter tins that my grandmother had saved.  Nice to think about.



Comments

  1. I done thoughts, lists, and journals for gratitudes. I have not done a jar. Maybe a new thing for 2021. :) Your jug is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, I was so delighted, too, to find a tablet of airmail paper tucked in my bookcase. I'm going to use strips of it to write my daily gratitudes. The label on the back was OSU bookstores -- my hubbie was a post-doc there while I was in Germany doing my post-doc That was a LONG time ago....interesting to remember how different communication was then, although maybe not that different, with letters instead of email.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely jug. Do you ever fill it with flowers from the garden? That's the first thing I thought of. And a lovely post Lisa, thank you... 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used it for flowers - it (and accompanying plates and bowls) were decorative in our dining room in Clemson. All of them are in my studio, now, so they're just decorative.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo and thoughts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment