Robin nestlings

Cleaning the gutters of our house in Quebec yesterday was a bit of an adventure.  At least we completed the task successfully.  Gutter guards and replacement gutters are definitely on the to-do list.

We have two straight segments of gutter on either side of the roof, but helping my gardening companion keeping steady on the ladder, borrowed from our neighbor; well, I think both of us would be glad NOT to repeat that experience, ditto for re-installing high window screens! 

My gardening companion is quite fit, but I don't like to see him up on ladders, that's for sure.

But the delightful surprise is that we discovered a robin's nest in the spruce near our living room window.  Three nestlings with two parents, currently. 

My iPhone photos didn't do any justice to our nest view, especially through the window screen,  so here's a free use image.


Comments

  1. Aren't nests awesome. I was working in my garden this morning and on the way up the stairs I saw a nest on the porch eve. I didn't want to disturb it so I just made sure my spouse knows it is there so we don't accidentally disturb it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They apparently left the nest today, Tim reports. I don’t know how long maternal and paternal care continue! I’m going to check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment