Parc National du Bic

I am so fortunate to be within a 5 minute drive of this wonderful Quebec national park.

Among many walks and hikes in the park, my favorite is Le Chemin du Nord (I hope I've spelled that right.)  It leads from the Visitor Center out to the Cap L'Orignal.

The views were wonderful today, and as long as I kept walking, the black flies weren't a problem.

Here are some images from this morning's walk.

From the first bay
near Cap d'Orignal

Either the first or second bay

View from the tea house

Along the way

The second bay

Cap d'Orignal

Havre du Bic, coming home this afternoon from Rimouski

Comments

  1. wow! how beautiful. Are those white flowers yarrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're some kind of umbel, possibly Eastern Hemlock-Parsley (Conioselinum chinense) -- it apparently grows in China, too, but is native here in NE North America and Western NA. I'll have to look at it more closely, as it's just started to flower in the park (and there are other umbels, too). Supposedly it's in NC, too, but it's not a plant I know!

      Delete
  2. It's certainly a gorgeous park. I remember taking a short hike to a lake called something like Lac aux Americains.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment