Inspiration

Jean finished my studio in Quebec today, an amazing transformation from a rundown garden shed complete with oily plywood floor.

I did this drawing of the shed a couple of years ago.  It looks charming as it does now, but it wasn't particularly nice inside.

Shored up now, with excellent drainage, a new floor and fir siding, it was a welcoming place this afternoon, as I added some favorite extra items from my studio in Asheville (really just a writing place) to this new one, where I intend to do more art, as well as more writing.

 Jean also made a new table for me out of old barn wood -- it's perfect as an addition to my new easel.

 

I am fortunate, indeed, and thankful to be able to have Jean help with this.  A mutually beneficial exchange with an excellent outcome.


Comments

  1. Beautiful space. A "diamond in the rough" transformed by your attention and loving care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment