Again a part-time resident

I think again about this, as I returned from a garden group meeting this evening.  I'm only here in Western North Carolina in fall and spring now, as we embrace the snowy days in January and February in Quebec, and return for summer and fall from June through October.  There are drawbacks to being a part-time resident, for sure, in terms of maintaining community and a sense of connection.

One of my newer friends at dinner this evening asked me what drew us to Quebec? 

It's both a long and short story, but our affinity for that special place in the world, where my hubbie bumbled on an exceptional cottage, across the road from a special Quebec national park, which we knew from previous visits, offered up at an amazing affordable price.  

How could we not say yes?


A view above the historic village nearby, a 5-minute drive from our rural house.

Comments