A snowstorm overnight

We're expecting over a foot of snow overnight and tomorrow.  That's a lot of snow, produced by the intersection of warm moist air  (there was actually a bit of rain this morning with close to record warmth at 40° F) and a coming cold front evident already.  Snow is falling.

Fresh snow will be welcome. It had become somewhat crusty and icy.  Yesterday's ski was slippery in spots, so my shoulders have been sore today.

But, there will be more snow to come, too, before we leave, sometime in early March. I feel a bit wistful as I finally feel that I'm skiing fairly well, with balanced glides and a decent cadence.  Yesterday was good, even though I'm totally tired today.  Perhaps we'll ski tomorrow or Saturday.  It will depend on the snow and highway conditions, although I'm sure it will fine by afternoon.

Fresh snow is always a good thing.


 This is a view of the landscape above our cottage.



Comments

  1. It looks beautiful from inside a cozy warm home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, and we're expecting even more snow over the next two days.

      Delete

Post a Comment