A house in Quebec

Last fall, while working on a narrative about our cottage in Quebec, it was lovely to revisit a piece I wrote over two years previously, before we bought our house there, revising the prose.

I finished first pass edits last night on a narrative based on written posts for more than two years about our house in Quebec, two summers and two winters. I'm about to print them out for a third pass and am thinking about the next steps beyond.

Editing the first segment on that September evening in 2020 reminded me of how our gardens ground us in the world.

I had just started editing, as I'd finished the laborious cutting and pasting from all the pertinent blog posts into new Word documents, stripped of photos. That was a lot of work - I'm reminding myself now that a better plan is to keep track of them continually or start posting via a Word document.  But neither approach has been part of my posting process so far.  I post for reflection and fun, thinking about what inspired me that day.

 

 

I've finished the first phase of forming posts into a story, but it will require a lot more editing and shaping.  I've enjoyed revisiting our improbable story of somehow acquiring a cottage in Quebec. I'll probably put it out in e-book format, just for fun, after producing some print copies with photos added (another big aspect of the project!)

I found it serendipitous and remarkable, to read reflections on our two summers and two winters in that magical place.


 

Comments

  1. Gorgeous photos, Lisa. Good luck with the project -- it's time consuming, I'm sure, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The project is a bit daunting (and definitely time-consuming), but I'm keeping at it, I guess!

      Delete

Post a Comment