It's hard

 I sit here in our beautiful cottage in Quebec, surrounded by fall splendor, but hearing, reading, and seeing the damage in our mountain city of Asheville.  More and more news.

It's heartbreaking.  Our house is fine, with power on according to Duke Energy.  No water, though, as Asheville's water system, like most in Western North Carolina was severely damaged.  Our house is high above the French Broad River.

This was a historic storm, to be sure.

I write this as Blue Ridge Public radio is transmitting Governor Cooper's press conference after his visit to Asheville today with the FEMA director, talking about how they're bringing in water and food.

I was going to post a drawing that I did this afternoon or the beautiful photo from Havre du Bic I took.

But I'll just add a Old Marshall Jail posting from FB of the flooding of nearby Marshall, NC, from a friend's drone.  

My friend's apartment is on the 2nd floor in the former Capitola Mill, on the lower left. She evacuated to higher ground ahead of the storm, and is safe. 




Comments

  1. Oh dear, I don't know what to say. The news has been very sad about Helene, and especially the damage from flooding in Asheville and other towns in W. North Carolina. Prayers for all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why I can't reply as myself, as I'm logged. But thanks, Beth! It's really a challenging time. We're fortunate that our house has power. Lisa

      Delete

Post a Comment