Skiing on fresh snow

Alas, I didn't get to ski with my friends today, as the road conditions just seemed too dicey to make the 15-minute drive into the city prudent. Tim, going off to ski this morning in the park, had been concerned about the main highway's condition.  The two-lane connecting highway into town was likely to be a lot worse.  And in the city, it wasn't much better as one of my friends tussled with a snowdrift leaving her neighborhood to do errands.  

Snow clearing on the main highway was slow, and as snow continued to fall, visibility wasn't predictable, either.  But I did make it over to Parc du Bic for a nice ski on freshly tracked powder.  It's a very short drive, so not worrisome at all.

I didn't take any photos, but this one on the same trail last month is quite similar!



 


Comments