A studio awaits for next summer

The garden shed turned studio is almost finished.   

It's a remarkable transformation, and one I never expected.  I had vague ideas about cleaning it up for an art space and we did know we needed to have the floor replaced, as it was rotting on one corner. 

But little did I know that we'd acquire such a wonderful helper this summer, who's diligently stabilized all of our outbuildings, that had been built with old wood, but needed help with drainage and being elevated from direct contact with dirt.  Well, of course, this makes sense, we thought.  

A gift to have an English-speaking fellow, from nearby, returned home, appear.

The space is remarkable now.  All I wanted was a non-living room table space to do some art.  Now I have a large spacious space for the kind of small art pieces that I've done over the last decade, but also space for an easel, too.

And, I realized this afternoon, that cell service isn't too bad out there, so I can probably participate in my writing group and write and edit out there, using my phone as a connection, if needed.  It's certainly not necessary, but makes a nice designated space for me, here in Quebec.

Here it is in winter.  I won't be out there then, but it will welcome me back next spring.


 


Comments

  1. Lisa, I don't see a photo of the studio in winter, and wonder if it's a glitch on my end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo seems to have disappeared! I'll try to re-add it.

      Delete

Post a Comment