Our cottage in Quebec

I've been working on this painting over some period of days.  It's been at least five days, maybe more than a week. I was glad to be doing it. 

It started out with acrylic (difficult on the strange paper that I'd acquired at the local Staples), then I added watercolor pencils, then watercolor pens, trying to soften colors and textures.

The depth in the trees were troublesome, but it's all practice. I used pen to complete it, finally, in what I thought would be the best version of this particular depiction of our cottage.  Time to study perspective and how to evoke volume in trees, I think.

It will make a great addition to my shopping bag and coffee cup collection;  I love seeing images from Quebec when I'm loading up my groceries, especially back in Asheville!


Comments