Île aux Amours views

A short walk around the Île aux Amours in parc national du Bic this morning brought wonderful views of the surrounding marsh, cliffs, and views towards Havre dur Bic. 

This is such a special place.  I always wonder if visitors appreciate it like I do, as an almost daily visitor when I'm here,  but the sheer numbers of visitors during these times would suggest that they do.

It wasn't a long walk today, but it was a wonderful one, across the sand spit to the island, up and over through the lovely forest, and returning along a kelp-spattered rocky beach.  

Delightful. And lovely to think that we're only halfway through our time here, I thought this morning, re-framing my notion that we will be returning back to Asheville soon.  We still have a month, at least, and a month was a long time when we were traveling elsewhere.

Clicking on the photos will enlarge them, as usual.







Comments