A tulip meadow

 A duplicate post from Natural Gardening, which I thought I'd repost here.  Tulips are touchstone plants fo me, for whatever reason. They don't work for a living, having been cultivated too long for that, but they're beautiful, and lift the spirit.

Here was the post.

This lovely front landscape has brightened walks in a nearby neighborhood for two years now. 

What a lovely sight!  

Last year, I was fortunate enough to walk by when the gardener was there.  I complimented him on it and told him how much I liked it.  I was so glad to be able to do that.

This year's display, with an image from last week.

 



Comments

  1. Even the photo lifts my spirits. I imagine seeing them in person, would be even more joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tulip display and agree with the "joy" they bring... When I transplanted from the northeast to South Carolina, I was told I wouldn't have success with many of the bulbs I loved. Luckily I tried a few, and consulted Scott Ogden's "Garden Bulbs of the South". This Spring I had a grand display of Siberian squill from several years' plantings, plus my first season of Tulipa sylvestris (shade tolerant "wood tulip") and Tulipa 'Lady Jane' (Clusiana type, Ogden suggests should be happy here, and in memory of my sweet cat Jane).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment