A Hepatica spreading

 A duplicate post from Natural Gardening.

I was so delighted to read my friend's post on Facebook, about a Hepatica colonizing a mossy rock and now flowering at the South Carolina Botanical Garden, where I used to work.
 
She's a friend and former colleague, Sue Watts, posting this wonderful documentation of a spreading Hepatica. They don't reproduce prolifically at all, so a good thing! 
 
I watched a plant at the Garden where Sue still works, for years. So heartened to see that this one is spreading on a mossy rock. And wonderful to see it flowering.

She wrote, I've checked this rock every year for at least 5 years - first one leaf became two and now this Hepatica is flowering!!!

Here are the photos that she included.  Beautiful.



 Thanks, Sue, for sharing these photos!



Comments

Post a Comment