An EV arrives

I am so NOT a car person.  

I've been driving a Volvo XC wagon now since 2008.  It was bought as a one-year old used car - an "executive" owned model.  It now has over 170,000 miles on it and alas, is getting ready for its final winter trip to Quebec.

It will be a wonderful car for someone else this spring.  It has lots of luxury features, is still in good shape, but as my mechanic asked, how long are you going to keep this car?  So, it was time to replace it, as my husband poked me about it (as he has on all of my cars, previously Subaru Outbacks).

I've never had a new car before.

So acquiring a new EV car springs me into a modern era.  It will be staying with the dealer for January and February, acquiring title, registration, and plates while we're in Quebec.

We did not like the idea of familiarizing ourselves with a new EV car on a winter trip, where we don't yet have a home-charging station, now installed here in Asheville.  And having a new car in our driveway unplated.  Not happening.

But great fun to look forward to picking up, when we return from Quebec in March.

My old car was glad to transport kayaks and Tim's bike some years ago!



Comments

  1. That's exciting! We're looking into getting a hybrid for our next vehicle. Enjoy Quebec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. We decided to go all-in for total electric, as ranges got longer with larger batteries. Our second EV will probably be a bit smaller, possibly staying in Quebec, so we could fly up in winter, instead of driving.

      Delete

Post a Comment