Returning to snow

In the strangely balmy temperatures in the mountains of Western North Carolina this holiday season, it seems odd to anticipate returning to snow and frigid temperatures.  

We'll be scooting up between snowstorms, with our house in North Carolina battened with folks and gardeners, returning to our cottage in Quebec, where the temperatures will be down in the 0's and teen's, with even more snow to come.

We won't be skiing in those sub-10° F temperatures, unless there's no wind.  I'm wondering if I have all my base layers available for the 2 1/2 day drive ahead. And I'll be gathering all of my outer layers that I have here, too, ready for travel.

We hope to cross the border late on the second day, as we did last August, making it home by mid-day the next day.

But I look forward to snowy days and evening sunsets, too.





Comments