Spring in full swing

Retaking a photo in my studio today, to add to our house listing, I'm reminded always of what a great space that I have here.  

Even on a gray, rainy afternoon, looking out into the forest, seeing flowering native azaleas and an evergreen rhododendron, as I write this, my spirits are buoyed.

The chard, spinach, lettuce and kale in my raised beds are flourishing, appreciating the rain today and the cooler weather. Extra organic fertilizer this spring has encouraged growth; there will be lots more harvests in the coming weeks.  I may have planted too many greens, but I can always freeze extras, keeping a reserve for fall, perhaps, if I don't have time to plant a fall garden.

They're so pretty right now, I harvest leaves carefully, enjoying the jewel-tones of their leaf colors.  But growing them to eat (not just for looks) is the point, too!


 


Comments

  1. It is a lovely peaceful place you have created.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment