At home in the world

I'm not at home in the world everywhere I've traveled.  Many places are simply too chaotic, noisy, or human-centric for me to feel at home.

But there have been many wonderful places that I've visited and perhaps that's what I'm setting off to write about in a 365 day writing journey inspired by my friend, writer and artist Maitri Libellule.

Most importantly, I'm planning to distill what it means to be in places of the spirit.

Finding one this summer in the Gaspé Peninsula of Quebec, to add to our home in the mountains of Western North Carolina, was a relevation.  Yes, we knew it would be nice, but I didn't know that it would be so special.

I've written in the past about travel as pilgrimage and what it means to come home.  So, I'm planning in the next year to incorporate previous traveling posts from my blog, Natural Gardening, as they're more about the main theme of this blog than they are about gardening or nature.

Nature is always a touchstone for feeling at home.  Trees, forests, mountains, and streams. These are the places that are places of the spirit for me.

I'm looking forward to this writing journey.

my "studio" in Asheville, NC

Comments

  1. I've read your posts backwards! :) Thank you for the mention. And I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with this blog. I absolutely love it so far, and this picture of your studio is so beautiful. I, too, have windows around two sides of my studio looking out to the trees and it makes it so special. Keep on dearheart, I'm going to love following this new journey you are on...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment